ACI's Lower School is designed for children in grades K-3 and meets Tuesday afternoons from 3:30-5:30. Our dynamic and engaging teacher, Mora Hanna, prepares stimulating lessons that blend arts and music with learning Hebrew and Jewish traditions. Most of the students who have just completed their second year at the lower school have known each other since they were toddlers in Tot Shabbat.
Lower School program and curriculum
- Learning Hebrew reading and writing
- Understanding fundamental Jewish traditions
- Learning the history of the Jewish people
- Understanding the concept of prayer and learning how to recite important blessings
- Learning about the Jewish holidays
- Identifying with the land of Israel and understanding its relevance
- Learning the importance and practice of Jewish values, ethical behavior, performing mitzvot and giving tzadakah.
- Understanding the importance and meaning of Shabbat
- Learning and singing Hebrew songs
Lower School ages & schedule
The curriculum for 2016-17 will be geared towards school-aged children, grades K-3. Classes will run from September 13 through May 23 and are held every Tuesday from 3:30 - 5:30 PM excluding Jewish holidays and days when public schools are not in session. The full schedule of classes will be posted before the 2016 school year.
Below is the schedule for the lower school. The remaining classes were preempted by Jewish holidays or days when public school is not in session.
09/13, 09/20, 09/27
11/01, 11/15, 11/22, 11/29
12/06, 12/13, 12/20
01/03, 01/10, 01/17, 01/24, 01/ 31
02/07, 02/14, 02/28
03/07, 03/14, 03/21, 03/28
05/09, 05/16, 05/23