When we perform acts of chesed, literally “loving kindness,” we are reminded that we belong to a generous, loving Jewish community. This committee, working closely with the Rabbi, lends support for congregants and families throughout their life cycles (birth, b’nai mitzvah, marriage, illness, hardship, and death and mourning) and other times as well.
Contact Chesed Committee Chair: Lou Epstein
I hope that you are celebrating the High Holy Days in good health! I am writing today to ask for your help! The Center urgently needs to fill the volunteer position of Livestream Tech Team Member.
The detailed description of this role is below. If you think you can help in this area and thereby play a crucial role in maintaining our Center’s livestream services, please contact Rose (email@example.com) right away! Please feel free to share this posting with friends and family in the community who might be interested in helping out with this endeavor.
Chair, Board of Trustees and Governors
Title: Livestream Tech Team Member
- Create weekly Youtube stream links and bit.ly redirect links to be sent to the Media Tech team every Wednesday (and on an ad hoc basis for other holiday services)
- Arrive at ACI by 9:15 a.m. every Saturday morning to set up the live stream equipment (camera, laptop, microphones, internet)
- Start the stream (via OBS software) at 9:55AM and monitor the stream during services, post comments during stream (including question of the week, etc), and end the stream after services.
- Operate OBS software during services to send streams to YouTube and Phone Live Streaming platforms
- Break down and pack away equipment when the service is concluded
- Create digital “start” and “end” visuals when needed
- Adjust webcam and microphone settings as needed during services for optimal listening/viewing experience
- Communicate with other members of the Media Tech team if problems arise during the service
- Some current knowledge about how to connect a web camera and mic to a laptop
- Sharp camera/microphone/Internet troubleshooting skills
- Willingness to learn the OBS platform and feel confident using it!